View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 10:37 PM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoghGirl View Post
Its been awhile since I used Moon+ and since I last used it it had added the change the directory function so I thought it had all the capabilities now.
I don't know what you mean by all the capabilities, but for my dime Moon+ has a much better reading experience than FBReader. Including some nice themes and control of every aspect of book customization. The one thing missing from Moon+ (at least I haven't found it yet) is the book jacket feature that FBReader has that pops up the info on the book before you read it.

Quote:
Doesn't import add the books to somewhere else on the devise? That is what I had always assumed.
It doesn't create duplicates so it moves the file rather than copying?
When I import the books as best as I can tell they are not moved or copied. It seems that the book covers are extracted from the books for easier handling.

Quote:
I'm curious to know what the purpose of changing the directory is useful for in Moon+ then.
Looking at it more closely changing the directory does allow the books to be read directly, but importing seems to extract the covers from the book for use by Moon+ and possibly update a database.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 08-20-2012 at 10:43 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote