View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 12:39 PM   #40
3d0g
I make fjords.
3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: kobo 1 (retired), kobo 2, iPad, G2, Galaxy Tab 7+
Well, I just walked through the specs and I don't see the Vox as inferior to the Fire in any way. In fact, by the specs at least, there's some very distinct advantages. The AFFS+ screens are what's used in airline cockpit displays - specifically for their daylight visibility. And like all previous devices, Kobo's been smart by including the SD card slot. This means you can take your music and vids where there's no WiFi. Can't do that with a Fire. Vox also supports Exchange ActiveSync email. Fire is POP3 / IMAP only. And then of course, there's that EPUB support bit.

Oh, and don't be fooled for one second by processor specs. My Android HTC G2 has a 800 MHz CPU with 512 RAM and it plays HBO and Netflix flawlessly. 800 MHz is plenty for this device.
3d0g is offline   Reply With Quote