View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 05:43 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
well i've just finished watching topper. it's still charming. what really strikes me watching these films is the utter insouciance of practically all the characters, most obviously the kirbys of course ; even in the face of death they hardly bat an eye and take it all in stride. i wonder how much of that spirit in this film and others made around the same time was partly a reaction to the various troubles of the era, an attempt to escape from worries and cheer people up.

topper is not my favorite cary grant film although i do love it (and you know i'll watch anything with cary grant !)... but now i want to watch the awful truth, which may be my favorite, or one of them at least. it was also made in 1937, so it should be in the pd as well, right ? sir, do you know ? it doesn't seem to be available at the internet archive...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote