View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 05:48 PM   #270
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I found a horrible bug with the latest KitKat update related to those who use the Kindle app.

I had my app manager open last night and I notice the Kindle app was taking 1GB of data! I thought that can't be right. So went into the app info screen under settings and it sure was. After playing around for a few hours I realize it happen each time it synced.

It seems that the sync is messed up and the data of the app keeps growing with each sync once the bug is activated. I had it up to 3GB last night using the latest Kindle version around 1.8 the app became unusable and crashed anytime you started it.

I don't know if this is specifically N7.2 related or not. At first I thought it was a bug in the latest Kindle app version so I downgraded to the previous version and it still does it but the data size jumps are more subtle like in the 50MB range while on the latest version it jumps from 100MB-400MB!

I started a thread here in the Kindle Forum if you want read up on it.

I wonder if anyone else hear with the same device has the same problem?

Obviously I need to let Kindle Support know but I need more info before I do. It seems to happen at random on auto sync but it does happen every time I manually sync the app it jumps in size.

I'm running Android 4.4.2 Build: KOT49H
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote