View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 06:42 PM   #20
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
Right, I understand the issue and I'm saying that I've mostly refused to buy books from those publishers because I was unable to find competitive prices on them.
So did I.
I expected the scam to end up in court eventually and I simply boycotted *everything* from the price fixers. I didn't encourage the scam and so I don't need restitution.
Nonetheless, these kinds of conspiracies usually involve massive fines and/or consumer rebates of some kind. Which is why Apple and Co are trying to sucker the Brusselcrats into a cheap settlement before more evidence is released in the US.
Again, given the different political and cultural outlook on the other side of the pond, the odds look good that they'll get away without fines, restitution, or oversight. And at least 50-50 that they get away with the mandatory limits on discounting, aka Price-fix lite.

But since that won't directly impact me, I don't particularly care.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote