View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 10:00 AM   #6
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by waller4343 View Post
You will have to download the books seperately to each Kindle. The books are DRM's to the device. The easiest way would be to wait until you have access to a computer then download them to each Kindle from Manager Your Kindle at Amazon. That way you wouldn't have to open the 2 gift Kindles.
no, this is not necessary. your kindles will be named kindle1, kindle 2, and kindle 3. go to your "manage my kindle" page at amazon. from there check all the books that you want to have sent to kindles 2 and 3 (they automatically go to kindle 1), tick them and they will be sent via whispernet and the next time those kindles are turned on they will be received

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilom View Post
hey! I'm thinking of getting a kindle 3 my self, i must say i'm fairly new to kindle and i'd have a question that might relate to this topic. can i share books amongst kindle users, so lets say my friend has an ebook she want to 'lend' me. is that possible? or do i have to buy all the books i want to read?
you can share one book one time only with one person. it kind of sucks but that is how they have it right now. the only other device that does sharing at the moment, the nook if the same way. there is a way to get around this and that is to have multiple kindles registered to one account. all those kindles have access to all of the material. of course that means that those kindles can order books from your account, so you need to make sure they would be trustworthy people
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote