View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 10:57 PM   #47
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSmithBooks View Post
If Amazon is not working towards this $25 or Free basic Kindle reader, I'd be amazed.
I think an ereader could be that cheap if you're okay with the text coming out at a fixed rate on a single ticker-tape line with just Play/Stop buttons, and maybe some <</>> buttons for changing chapters. Otherwise, I think you're underestimating how much more complicated the ereader is than the music player. The latter is more or less contained in single chips now, while the former still needs a general computer to operate.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote