View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 11:27 AM   #14
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
My opinion? Suck it up, buttercup.

You are correct. Your work has merit and value. You will eventually become better recognized if you keep at it and don't let the naysayers get you down. Your craft certainly has room for improvement. What author can say otherwise? So keep at it and be patient. Your best work is ahead of you.

You are working through a transition in publishing, a paradigm shift. Piracy is depressing but self-publication is easier than ever. As inspiration, check out some of the non-fiction Cory Doctorow writes about the situation (though I suspect you already have).

So I think the best advice to anyone feeling as you do is to keep putting one foot in front of the other, metaphorically speaking. "Suck it up" expresses that so eloquently, lol.

Oh, also good luck and best wishes.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote