View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 12:17 PM   #6
gr8npwrfl
The Wizard of OZ
gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Jetbook Ipod Touch Wind Netbook
Power down mode

Even hitting reset does not power the unit down.

The hardware design of the JB keeps the CPU in very low power mode at all times. The CPU has to wait for an interrupt from a key being pressed to wake up and start up the unit.

If you let the JB timeout or press the power button this puts the Strongarm processor into sleep mode, waiting for a button press to wake it up.

If you press the reset button the cpu still enters sleep mode, it has to wait for the interrupt from the power button being pressed to activate power and then go through the power on self test (POST). That is why it takes so long to start up after a reset.

I have never made a test, but I would assume ( I know dangerous ) the batteries on a JBL will last about 1 month without being turned on. The JB would be a little longer on the internal lion batteries.

The only way to consume NO power is to remove the battery. I would recommend that if you are not going to use your JBL for several weeks that you remove the batteries entirely from the unit.

Unfortunately there is no solution for the people that own the JB at this time.
gr8npwrfl is offline   Reply With Quote