View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 08:40 PM   #51
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
I am totally confused. If you didn't sell the rights they cannot legally publish your book AFAIK? If you did sell the rights you cannot join the class action.
Obviously I am missing something.

Helen
The contracts apparently mentioned digital rights, just not specifically "ebooks." the complaint says:
The 1990-2004 standard form publishing agreements provided that the Plaintiffs were to be paid 50% of the net receipts of the "Publisher" from the exercise, sale, or license of digital rights to their works.
I gather that authors who specifically contracted for *ebook* sales are not part of this class. The complaint is that the "Publisher" is Harlequin, the agency with whom they signed the contract, not "whatever subsidiary Harlequin invented to launder money;" they don't get 50% of what Harlequin-main gets from Harlequin-sub.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote