View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 03:25 AM   #3
Dasha
Connoisseur
Dasha began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Smile

Thanks Blossom I will do another copy of the book in Question and Check the Herolipstick Option But I have to ask you about some stuff first

The problem is usually in the Style sheet of the epub. It can be edited more to your liking just explode the epub using Calibre then edit style sheet then click rebuild epub. If the problem is then fixed then convert to mobi.

How do I Explode it using Callibre, and what does it mean to Edit the style Sheet' what is the Style sheet" is it a Template that sets Parameters for converting stuff I don't understand

As for the other issue. I can't tell how many indie ebooks or self publish back titles I have bought with many problems like this. Myself I usually convert the book to html and edit it in word then reconvert in Calibre to Mobi. Or if you use Sigil you can use that to edit the epub.
How do I do that Cobba?

My last issue was the author put all dialogue in blockquotes. That was fun to fix!

Unfortunately ebook coding is like snowflakes no two are alike. so you can't just make a template to fix formatting problems. It has to be done individually most of the time.
Does that mean I should whenever possible Download Lit or Mobi?

I do know with the Kindle that font tags can cause issues so I always remove them specially the +1 -1 Font size tags. what is a Font Tag? What is +1 -1 Font Size

You're best bet is to familiarize yourself with basic html and css styles sheets.[/QUOTE]
How do I do that and How do I get a File I am about to convert into a Edit-able state

Blossom I have also realised that the File I converted to Mobi before I had this was a Lit File NOT EPub as I said, but all the Files I have had converted have had a big space between Sentences and Paragraph problem sooo Thanks again for your time Cheers Dasha
Dasha is offline   Reply With Quote