Thread: iLiad FBReader 0.8.4
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 08:07 AM   #9
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeGodefroi View Post
Now 2 questions, 1. what does the downarrow actually do on fbreader? (up, dot, down arrow)
2. What is wrong if you get the iliad with the lovely cross/black screen? Is that boot sequence error or bricked totally? (I was lucky the boot continued to recent files).

Anyway THANKS for the help sofar!
The down arrow will move to the next section inside a chm file. The dot will open full screen mode.

If you get the cross and black screen, it means that the operating system has started, but the contentlister (what you use to browse files) has not. This typically means there is a problem with the file that starts all of the programs after your device starts. But the FBReader install script doesn't touch that file. I can't imagine why you would have problems after uninstalling. For that matter, I don't know why it would be slow to start. I would assume it would start on time, or not at all.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote