View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 06:48 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, readingzombie.

I can't answer all your questions, but others will chime in Im' sure.

First of all.......I doubt Amazon cares what you have on your reader. The instances of 'removal' you may have heard of occurred only twice..... when illegal content was uploaded to Amazon via third parties, and the legal owners requested Amazon remove it. They did remove it, AND refunded money to anyone concerned. There was also an instance where they offered a $30 GC as an apology to everyone concerned. Again........these were illegal uploads. I don't have a problem with what they did. You may have.

2) Any book reader screen is fragile.

3) I carry my Kindle in my purse all the time. I keep it in my m-edge cover, have had it for a year and a half, and have never had a problem.

4) I don't know. I use mine to read books.

5 You can use "whispernet" only with Amazon.......or with the down loadable catalog available here, or at feedbooks.com. (public domain books). any purchases from anywhere else will be downloaded to your computer, then sideloaded to your Kindle. Easy peasy.

6)I'm happy with what my Kindle does........reads books.

Enjoy the forums, and remember, if you buy the Kindle, you have 30 days to return it if you are not satisfied, no questions asked, just pay return shipping.

Last edited by desertgrandma; 01-13-2010 at 06:51 PM. Reason: sp.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote