View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 09:31 AM   #3
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badandy View Post
Not really a huge deal in my eyes because of the keyboard. It should be really quick to find books using that.
I have a Kindle and don't have much trouble finding a book. The Kindle has a keyboard, even if it is a little cheesy, which can be used to find a book quickly. So I hear what you are saying. However, having folders and/or tags would still definately be helpful.

Imagine if last month you downloaded a free book from Amazon/B&N, and you remember that it was fantasy novel with vampires, but you can't remember the name of the author or the books title. If you have a 1,000+ books on your ereader, finding that book will not be easy. If you had a "fantasy" folder or were able to add tags such as "fantasy" and "vampire" then finding the book would be a breeze.

Furthermore, let's say you're in the mood for a good mystery. You have several mystery books on your eReader, but once again you may not remember every author or title you have that is a mystery book. It would be nice if you could list all the mystery books you have on your eReader, as this would make choosing a book to read a lot easier.

Many Kindle owners have been asking for folders or tags for quite some time now, and I'm actually surprised that the Nook doesn't support folders. It almost appeared that B&N had been reviewing the blogs and boards that were complaining about Amazon's latest Kindles not supporting an SD card or replaceable battery, so I'm pretty sure they would have seen the complaints about a lack of folder/tag support. Not supporting folders/tags seems like a missed opportunity to me.

Last edited by Daithi; 10-22-2009 at 09:38 AM.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote