View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 08:34 AM   #14
country0129
Country0129
country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, PC
Just uninstalled old Calibre version, installed new version, and I was happy to see that all my plug-ins and the DRM tools were still active and working. Checking the RAM usage while converting some books still only used 3.99 GB, but the conversion seemed to be 4-5 times faster than before. CPU usage % seemed to drop slightly. I have 4 cores, and the program was using all 4 cores.

Thank you, Mr. Goyal, and all your developer partners, for being sensitive to Calibre users needs and suggestions. I cannot stress enough for all Calibre users that like this software donate towards your project. I tried to write a short program in basic some 30 years ago to process amortorations (Spelling) for mortgages, and I ended up with 1/2 of a legal pad filled with code. I was successful eventually (could have done the calculations more quickly by hand,) but I decided quickly that I was a software user and not a programmer.

Been using computers for over 30 years, and I've never used a program more feature rich and comprehensively useful than Calibre. Kudos to you, Sir!
country0129 is offline   Reply With Quote