Thread: Touch referencing fonts
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 04:00 PM   #13
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I have no idea how the Kobo Touch references fonts sitting in a fonts directory on the device. But, I can tell you that your line
Code:
src: url('TibMachUni-1.901b.ttf');
is actually trying to reference a font in the same directory (in the ePub) as the CSS. And obviously, that's not going to work. The URL is going to be different then any URL used for referencing fonts inside the ePub. That's all I can tell you.
Thank you for your note. As you might have read, I tried several ways to specify the path to the font files. Unfortunately, I did not document my trials. Anyhow, none of them worked. As I had read somewhere on the web that in the case of the KT - different from the Sony - there is not need to specify the path to the fonts in the css, since the KT has already a list of all fonts available to the system, I tried also to drop the path at all. The obvious took place: it did not work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
For example, if I create a fonts directory on my 650, I can use a URL to reference these fonts outside of the ePub.

Code:
src: url(res:///Data/fonts/CharisSILR.ttf)
This probably won't work on a Kobo. But you can give it a try.
I did.

If anybody has already successfully referenced a font outside of the container, I would really appreciate if she could post an example.

Last edited by tshering; 07-05-2012 at 04:06 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote