View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 10:30 AM   #11
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Because I have a tablet, a nook, and a phone. I could not imagine choosing my phone to read on verse my nook. I can see the argument that e-readers are a dying breed (see kindle fire, and nook tablet for where that market is going) but reading on a 3-4" screen vs a 7inch screen just seems odd.

Its one thing to read a quick text/tweet/email... and a different thing to read a good novel. IMO.
I have three e-ink readers (and actively read on all of them), but I don't carry them around with me. If I'm out and about and want to read, it's on my smartphone. I don't read at all on my tablet, unless I'm at work and my ebook reader that I use for lunch isn't charged. (I'm having charging issues with it, which is why I started carrying the iPad back and forth. I suppose I should just give up on that particular e-ink reader, but I don't want to.)

I save the good novels for at home; on my phone I read on books that don't require a lot of attention to detail. I don't read as constantly when I'm away (which is why I don't usually carry around a dedicated reader) and may have too many breaks in my reading or concentration when I read on my phone to pick something that isn't light and fluffy.

With that all said, I can see why more ebooks would be read on smartphones. I've seen where people said they use their smartphones more for catching up on blogs or news, but I find with my phone, ebooks load up faster than anything "live" and I end up using all my time waiting for any news app to come up only to end up shutting it down right away before I've had a chance to look at anything. It works better for me to load up a book whenever I have a few minutes.

Last edited by sakura-panda; 09-17-2012 at 10:34 AM.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote