View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 02:50 PM   #431
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I started reading Naked in Death and wow it is every so slow! Police Procedurals are just not my thing but I am soo curious about Roarke who everyone always talks about. The futuristic stuff is throwing me off as Nora is not great on describing the world around Eve.
I love this series, but it is not everyone's cup of tea.

And keep in mind when Naked in Death was first published in 1995 there wasn't a futuristic sub-genre like there is now. There also weren't really any billionaire heroes. The characters types of Eve & Roarke have been copied a lot in the last 19 years.

ETA: The world-building gets better in the next book. I always tell people to read the first three because I know several people who did not like book one but went on to become hooked on the series.

Last edited by library addict; 02-24-2014 at 02:52 PM.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote