View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 12:51 PM   #16
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert501 View Post
So, my question is this: will I be able to actually SEE the Kindle screen? Is it really "just like paper"? Because if it is, I may need to rethink my Kindle dreams and look at something else.
There are two things to consider, as I mentioned in my previous comment. If your problem is really contrast of text on paper, and not size of the text, then an e-paper reader won't be a great buy. However, if you think a little font enlargement would make a paper-like screen more readable, then e-paper might do the trick.

I posted a little comparison of the new versus the older E-Ink generations compared to a hardcover and a paperback. The photos are very small close-ups but they give an idea of the relative contrast of the various reading surfaces. You can see those photos in this post.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote