View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 09:54 AM   #1
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone (yes, I read on my phone)
Finally, Ipad 3G is here

Finally, the long awaited Ipad with 3G arrived yesterday via Fed Ex. I can't tell you how much I missed my Kindle that I sold on Ebay earlier in the month! So let's see, my first impressions:
Yes, it is beautiful, sleek, and feels quite solid in my hands.
I would say it's about 3/4 the overall size of my 13" laptop so nice for taking on cramped places like public transportation.
I had already purchased the Griffin book holder, so in it went right away! Very classy and corporate looking for any office environment. Even in the leather book holder, it weighs in at only 2 pounds! Nice
Took about ten minutes for it to sync up with Itunes on my computer and it was ready to go. Thank goodness it came charged and was at 91% so spent all afternoon testing out all the apps and such.
When it sync with my computer, it automatically downloaded my email info, so was able to check emails without any configurations. I like that!
I used the Skype app and called my daughter in Portland, Or. and the audio was excellent on both ends.
It's too heavy for comfortable bedtime reading on my back. If I was sitting up, then could prop it up on my legs for reading, then it would be fine. Also the Ipad is "slippery" to hold in that position too.
My first impression when I opened up the Kindle app and signed in to Amazon was WOW!!! the book cover graphics are awesome and the books loaded up and I was happily reading The Lightening Thief in minutes. Way better than my dark grey Kindle ever was for reading.
As a reading device, I vote it a hit! I have my audio books downloaded on it too, so perfect for "outdoor" reading/listening. I can see where the glossy glass finish could be a distraction outdoors, but if you tilt it just a little, that seems to make a difference. Course we are having overcast rainy weather, so it read just fine out on my porch, but I think it is mainly for indoor reading or out under the porch roof.
MsAstoria is offline   Reply With Quote