View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014, 02:20 AM   #18
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
Sorry to slightly change the topic, but is one hardware solution better than another? For example, external hard drives, DVDs, etc?
Thanks.
I sometimes go through my ebooks and burn them to DVD once I have enough to make it worth the trouble. I just backed up my purchases over the last few yrs from Smashwords that way. 1st I reconverted them (some were epubs) to the old mobi format then I made an iso file and burned it to DVD. I've got some 2,300 odd books from them (most from their sales) and before reconverting the mobi and epubs filled 2 GB of space. Afterward they took up about half that. Of course I can't add anything to the file as it was an iso file so I only used about 1/4th the DVD but I know the file will last at least as long as the DVD does. I could have something happen to the DVD tomorrow but then an external hard drive could go bad as well.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote