View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 07:22 PM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickloraine View Post
This has then more to do with the quality of your source. If you make a proper word document, using styles and only bold and italic otherwise, then calibre will only make a mess out of it and renaming all your stlyles into calibrex.
Most of the time, I do change the calibrex styles into ones I created with names I understand. I also try to make my code minimal so I remove excess css styles.

Quote:
If you convert a bad word document, then calibre can help. But it will never be very pretty. But that's not a fault on words side, but the one who created the document
Sometimes It's more hassle to make a Word document clean then it is to go with what's there and fix it later. But it's not just Word that can be a mess. I've converted a number of Mobi that have been a real mess.

But one thing that sometimes can help is to load the eBook into Book Designer and then just save it as HTML. Then take the HTML and use Sigil to work on it. Book Designer can take your messy code and do some real cleaning.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote