View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 08:36 AM   #380
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
@willus

Thanks for your explanation for computing the text margins. k2pdfopt is an impressive and amazingly precise tool.

The conversion of a standard book like mine may need two kind of commands, one for the cover page and for the other pages without margins) that may exist, another for normal pages with margins. So we may have several output files for one book. I can use pdfsam to merge these output files.
Thanks. You are correct that I don't presently have a good way to apply different options to different pages within a single k2pdfopt conversion, so converting different sets of pages with different options using consecutive commands and then assembling the outputs is the way to go. I had not heard of pdfsam. Thanks for the tip. I use jpdftweak for general PDF file manipulation.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote