Thread: Rss2Book
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2006, 09:00 AM   #9
Sam
Sam began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I'm a new adopter to this Sony Reader thing, and to RSS as well. This looks like a great app for me, to maximize my usage of the Reader- the idea of just loading a completed PDF from the previous day of RSS feeds in the morning on the way to work sounds great. I'm already sold on the thing since I do a lot of traveling and not having to carry around an extensive library is great, but if I can also throw my news/blog/internet reads on there, that's even better.

Is there any way someone could write a more detailed explanation of how to install and use these programs? I found a version of HTMLdoc, but can't figure out how to use it/install it. And I don't know how to put the RSS feeds into your program, much less make it produce a beautiful PDF like you made. I was getting confused with the three lines in the Options menu, the middle one is the formatting details, but I wasn't quite sure of how to set up the first and third. And like I said, I don't know if it even works if you haven't installed HTMLdoc, which I'm trying to look over at the moment.

I agree with HeavyB that this app really makes the reader very cool for users like myself. Appreciate any help you can offer for less literate users like myself.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote