View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 12:39 PM   #1
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
umounting a mount --bind

Apologies, more a Unix than a Kindle question, but while trying avoid modifying the file system by using a "mount --bind" rather than creating a symbolic link I can't seem to be able to umount anymore (and must reboot to break the link).

For example, directory a contains file a.txt and directory b contains file b.txt

On Ubuntu everything works as I expected:
Code:
normand@5635C04:~$ ls a
a.txt
normand@5635C04:~$ ls b
b.txt
normand@5635C04:~$ sudo mount --bind b a
b.txt
b.txt
normand@5635C04:~$ sudo umount b
a.txt
b.txt
normand@5635C04:~$
On Kindle umount complains:
Code:
[root@kindle us]# ls a
a.txt
[root@kindle us]# ls b
b.txt
[root@kindle us]# mount --bind b a
[root@kindle us]# ls a
b.txt
[root@kindle us]# ls b
b.txt
[root@kindle us]# umount b
umount: b: not mounted
[root@kindle us]#
I Googled around and found that mount bind is often tricky but I am not experienced enough in Unix to figure it out. Welcoming a more expert suggestion.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote