View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 01:27 AM   #1
Mac Howard
Mac Howard began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Mac from the Gold Coast/Qld/Australia

Every time I log onto the forum it tries to persuade me to introduce myself so I'm finally giving in. My name's Mac Howard, I live in an apartment at the north end of Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia and I currently use the Kindle for the PC on a couple of laptops. I installed them just a couple of weeks back to check the system out.

I have a query maybe someone can help me with.

I'd like to get a WiFi Kindle but I'm unsure about downoading books here in Australia using that. However I'm perfecly happy to download via my PC from the Amazon site and transfer onto the Kindle. I don't have a WiFi setup here - I have a wireless broadband connection via a USB modem on my laptops - so I can't transfer via WiFi.

Can I transfer onto the Kindle from my PC via a USB connection? Could the Kindle use my USB modem 3G connection? Does it have a USB connector?

I'll be getting the Kindle from the USA - too expensive here in Oz despite a dollar that's supposed to be 99 US cents. But I'm concerned about the charger operating from 220/240 volts mains. Presumably it'll be a 110 volt charger from the US - or is it dual voltage?

Sorry if these queries should be in the general section or even if they have already been answered (I've looked but can't see the answers). Would appreciate it if anyone has or can point me in the direction of the answers.

Last edited by Mac Howard; 01-24-2011 at 01:31 AM.
Mac Howard is offline   Reply With Quote