View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 01:31 PM   #38
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by proximus View Post
@geekmaster: I don't know what you mean by "5-way down button": when should I press it, inside which menu? I really appreciate the help, but since I am no developer or computer expert of any kind it'd be much easier for me if you were less cryptic (probably to you it's the most natural thing but trust me, to me it is not).
*sigh*

You are not expected to be "a developer or computer expert of any kind" - but you ARE expected to read the documentation. I even told you where to start looking for it: the "simple debricking" thread. In that thread, you find the following statement:
Quote:
Follow the instructions in the "Select Boot" thread to get your bricked kindle into fastboot mode. [...]
This is documented in the "Select Boot" and "Fastboot Manifesto" threads (see links provided below).
... and a link to the thread, where you find this:

Quote:
To get your kindle touch or k4nt into USB Recovery mode, plug in the USB cable, the press and hold the power switch until the power LED turns off, then press and hold the "Magic Key", then release the power switch, then release the "Magic Key". The "Magic Key" is a special button that is different on each model of kindle, and is used to enter USB Recovery mode.

Kindle Model, Magic Key:
Touch, Home button
K4NT, Five-Way Down button
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote