View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 11:19 AM   #3
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
So my questions are
- Is there any way I can prevent the metadata page from appearing in the mobi version?
- If I can't prevent the metadata page from appearing is there any way I can format it to make it less ugly - so that the subject is not superimposed on the description?
- Apart from that how does the mobi version work on Kindles or other mobi based reading devices?...
1: The "extra page" is generated by a feature in Calibre. If you don't want it you need to uncheck the "Insert metadata as page at start of book" option on the Structure Detection page in Output Options (either as a new default by doing this in Preferences or as a one-time change in the Convert dialog).

2: It can't be reformatted AFAIK

3: You should use Kindle Previewer for proofing conversions. Its a very decent previewer for the Kindle. You'll find that your conversion fails to support the Kindle's 5-way controller for jumping chapters. Other than that and the metadata page, it seems fine.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote