View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 10:08 AM   #71
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scveteran View Post
I am sorry to disagree with you but, I really don't think your argument holds any water. In this country the standard is what a reasonable person would think. And I believe that any reasonable person should realize that there are going to be pretty severe limits on this.
Why? There are no limits on how often I can loan out my printed books bought from B&N. So if they've come up with a way to prevent me from reading my book when I've handed it to someone else--which is how paper works--why should I assume they'd limit it more than "when someone else has it, you can't use it?"

A "reasonable person" can certainly assume the phrase "loaning permitted" doesn't mean "one time to one person." Libraries loan books, including ebooks, to many people, with the only limitation being one reader at a time per purchase. Why would anyone assume this would be drastically different from that?
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote