View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 06:48 PM   #41
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
...It is a shame that Sony seems to be leaving the US behind. I suspect that it is not about overhead or cost but that they have not sold enough e-readers in the US to make it worth their while...
I think there is likely some truth in that.

I cannot comment with regards to their strategy regarding ereaders, but I do know that Sony currently regard the USA as a low priority market for cellular phones (and some other small devices too). I suspect they also see that most people will be reading ebooks on other more versatile and powerful integrated devices in the near future and that dedicated ereaders will become a niche market perhaps inappropriate for a big global electronics company to be in (are there any other big global electronics companies making readers - Phillips, Panasonic, etc? Can't recall any, off hand).

They are not the only ones that have placed USA with low priority with respect to electronic devices, as one other example the USA was a low priority market for Nokia for a number of years (predominantly because of the US's fascination with Apple).
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote