View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 11:06 AM   #10
ubuntuser
ubuntuser has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenubuntuser has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenubuntuser has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenubuntuser has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenubuntuser has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenubuntuser has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenubuntuser has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenubuntuser has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenubuntuser has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenubuntuser has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenubuntuser has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kindle 3
knc1
Yes, I know there are two updaters. First one, auto-updater (uks) and the second, manual, which should be working.
Hovever, un-ability to install/uninstall update packages (bin) was connected with uks. Or maybe I dont understand something?

Quote:
From your posts, you **HAD** to have done more than you claimed to the device.
1. Long time ago I probably changed name (maybe not manually, but by some hack) uks to uks.disabled . And couldnt install packages since that moment.
2. I removed /mnt/us contents
3. I was afraid, because I didnt had launchpad and myts (which I use a lot), and couldnt install it. I knew that i couldnt install/uninstall anything.
Now the solution:
1. Rename uks.disabled to uks
2. Uninstall JB, UN, LP
3. Install them again.
Everything is now working correctly.
ubuntuser is offline   Reply With Quote