View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 01:59 PM   #1
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Paperwhite screen texture

One thing I've noticed since getting my new Paperwhite is that the screen texture is more like the actual grain of a sheet of paper than the K3's is. The K3 has a slick plastic feel to its screen while the Paperwhite has more of a 'grain' to it not unlike an actual paper page from a pbook. That adds another layer to the disappearance of the device I think. Not only do you swipe your finger across the screen rather than pressing a button like on the K3, but the texture of the screen feels very like the texture of a good quality pbook. It's something that you don't think about often on a conscious level probably, but I think it does add to the enjoyment of reading on the Paperwhite.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote