View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 08:22 AM   #46
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
At this point it is clear they are not going to deliver a competitive app store any time soon. All they can do is open the thing up and let the customers fend for themselves. Or, they can just get out of the tablet business.

Better yet, sell off Nook Media to somebody who won't cripple it and run it into the ground with short-sighted policies.
Or at least fire the product manager and get new people in to run that division. Something is wrong when Microsoft owns a part of you, yet you don't even offer one of its biggest mobile apps, OneNote, in your store. The OneNote app is in Google Play. It's in the Apple store. So there is no good reason I can think of why it isn't in the B&N store -- except for ineptitude and ignorance. There are gazillions of dedicated OneNote users out there. I am one of them, and will not buy any device that I can't easily have that app on.

It's sad. As a consumer I love the B&N retail stores. Always have. But they may go the way of the dinosaur pretty soon. And shooting themselves in the foot with their locked down Nook tablets which otherwise have wonderful hardware didn't help.

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote