View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 01:02 PM   #92
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
My strategy for opening Mobi (if) is to do an "under the bonnet" conversion to ePub during import. If I can achieve the quality that Calibre outputs using conversion then it would be fine.
I suspect it will be simpler than that. A under the bonnet conversion to HTML with your standard overrides for things like margins should be enough. MOBI is actually a fairly simple format. You just need to be able to interpret some HTML inline formatting like it all was in the olden days.

Dale