View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 02:39 PM   #104
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by esin View Post
So it's a choice between poor hardware or poor firmware?
Awesome.
I said that only in the interests of giving Kobo critics the benefit of the doubt. I own two Kobo e-readers (the Vox and the Glo) and have absolutely no firmware problems whatsoever. And the Glo supports font weight and other features that a lot of the competition doesn't offer, so I'm actually thrilled with their firmware. I think the Glo is the complete package, arguably the best hardware in the industry right now, and (in my experience at least) rock-solid software. I just didn't want to sound like a Kobo commercial as it's a little off-topic for this forum, but since you made that statement I wanted to address it.

Back on topic. The big question remain IMO is whether the Kindle PW problems are a quality control in nature, or a design problem. Are they just having an unusually large number of defective units, and making the mistake of shipping them out because of supply constraints? Or in their attempts to make it look really white did they do something that screws up the colour patterning for a lot of users? To me, that's the real question in all this.
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote