View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 07:25 PM   #4
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by some1else View Post
Got my Vox 2 a few days ago.

It won't import books off the micro SD card, keep getting "something went wrong" message. I can't drag and drop books from Adobe Digital Editions or Calibre because my computer does not recognize the ereader (but the Vox recognizes being connected to the computer).

Apparently Kobo Desktop is not compatible with the Vox?

Gave up trying to read books and went to the Scrabble app ... no surprise it doesn't work either.

I emailed Kobo Help and it has been greater than 48 hours and no reply.

I am not a happy camper right now.
I can tell you that I have confirmed that the Vox is not recognized by ADE or Calibre and probably never will be (at least, in the forseeable future). I have had to download the Overdrive App to read my library books on my Vox, whereas I used to sideload them in ADE after I downloaded them from Overdrive on my PC. I am not sure what people are doing that are buying books from B&N or Sony. Only kpubs (Kobo's epubs) can be read from the Kobo app (and therefore be utilized with Reading Life and Pulse).

Not sure about not being able to import books from your SD Card. Can you copy them to internal storage using Astro? Maybe try to import your books via WiFi instead?

Most people are not getting any timely support from the regular help line. If you'd like to PM me, I could give you some suggestions for direct help.
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote