View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 01:27 AM   #13
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crell View Post
DRMed libraries are still DRMed, and therefore a non-starter. DRM is unacceptable restraint of trade and violation of Fair Use.
DRM is appropriate for a library book. After all, you aren't buying the book and are only renting it for a short period of time. And you can't beat the rental price.

If they weren't DRM'd why wouldn't people just keep them forever? If you keep a pbook you take out from the library forever you have to pay for it.

I am pretty anti-DRM, but I definitely support it for a library. If library ebooks aren't DRM'd publishers would never let libraries have them, and I don't blame them. It's one thing for a pbook that you can't make an exact copy of in under 10 seconds to be loaned from a library. But an ebook is a whole other thing.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote