View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 07:16 PM   #21
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I stopped expecting any worthwhile participation in these kinds of class action lawsuits after the big AT&T breakup in the US. They said that AT&T had bilked customers for years and years, and we ended up receiving 3 $5 phone cards that could only be used at AT&T pay phones. I never had the chance to use any of them before they expired.

The only people who benefit from the proceeds of class action lawsuits are the lawyers. Consumers only benefit if the decision includes some kind of action or limits actions (like this one) of the participants long-term.

And I'll be honest, I think some of them are just stupid. There was a huge one that I got mailings on for the longest time about "flash media" drives. It stated that their labeling was deception (e.g., a 16 MB flash drive doesn't really have 16 MB space on it). I agree that the labeling is ... stupid. But it's the same labeling used for hard drives. So anyone even somewhat technologically inclined already understood how the devices were labeled and expected what they got.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote