View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 08:45 AM   #6
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@ElizabethN - I never mind requests, after all I can always say no. In this particular case I am very interested in any suggestions if the plugin is going to push a few buttons for people to make it more useful to them. I saw a post the other day from someone new to calibre who had their book collection stored in Access or Excel from memory - if they exported that as CSV this plugin already has the functionality to import that for them.

I am particularly interested in websites people would like to import from, because it is only through trying to setup xpath/regexes for those do I find out just how "usable" that tab is. I've already got built-in configurations defined which will take any Amazon "Listmania" list. I've also got any Goodreads "Listopia" list covered, as well as their "Most popular in xxx" type lists. For those sorts of sites you can just click the "Load" option in the plugin, drag/drop or type in your specific list url from the website and you are off and running. If you want to reuse that URL you can save it as your own settings.

I've also randomly tried a few other pages like Wikipedia Nebula Best novel winners etc and so far they all were fairly easy to setup. I'm still tweaking and tuning it to try to automatically strip the most common "cruft" out and maximise the likelihood of matches without manual effort but it is fully operational in its current state. I've held off on the beta due to no-one responding and let myself get diverted with the "Favourites Menu" plugin and also a big release of "Find Duplicates" I will put out there after the next calibre release.