View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 12:37 AM   #1
mishka1999
mishka1999 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
calibre will not connect to itunes

I haven't had any problem getting Calibre to recognize my itunes. I just downloaded the newest update 0.8.32 and went to connect to itunes to put in more ebooks and it wont' communicate with my itunes. It gives me a red x and error communicating with device. I get all this mumbo-jumbo
;calibre, version 0.8.32
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

Can't get terminology for application (aem.Application(u'/Data File/Alex Backup/Applications (Mac OS 9)/iTunes/iTunes')): Command failed: Application isn't running. (-600)

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 81, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 332, in _books
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/apple/driver.py", line 3088, in books
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/apple/driver.py", line 2151, in _get_library_books
File "site-packages/appscript/reference.py", line 578, in __getattr__
File "site-packages/appscript/reference.py", line 260, in referencebyname
File "site-packages/appscript/reference.py", line 229, in connect
File "site-packages/appscript/terminology.py", line 171, in tablesforapp
File "site-packages/appscript/terminology.py", line 143, in aetesforapp
RuntimeError: Can't get terminology for application (aem.Application(u'/Data File/Alex Backup/Applications (Mac OS 9)/iTunes/iTunes')): Command failed: Application isn't running. (-600)

I am not running Mac OS 9 but Mac OS 10.7.2. Alex is my son and we did a back up of his files on my computer. However, I searched my computer and it's not there now.

Anyone have any clue as to how I can connect Calibre to itunes again? I followed all the preference info here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118559

Thanks.
mishka1999 is offline   Reply With Quote