View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 01:31 AM   #1
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Powering off BUT Sleeping Instead! What the...?

I swear this has happened to me before, but it happened 3 times today, so I am now certain it's not me!!! I power on the Vox, play with it for a 1/2 hour or whatever. Then I decide to do something else and opt to power down the Vox to save the battery (so I hold the power button down longer, it offers 3 options - I choose Power Off, and then it asks me to confirm and I click OK. Power goes off).

Fast foward several hours later, and I go to turn it on - and it acts as though it's been asleep - screen flicks on right away and gets me to 'unlock' (rather than the whole start-up routine that takes a couple of minutes). And then, lo and behold - I see a drained battery: the thing has been sleeping all day - not powered off. I was going to read it tonight, but now I am charging it instead.

WHAT is going on here? Am I losing my mind?! Tell me this has happened to someone else!!!!!
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote