View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 02:01 PM   #3
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I tried doing this manually today. I can create a new "notebook" in Evernote, matching the folder in Notes on the iLiad (I use different folders for different topics), then I create a note with the same name as the note on the iLiad, then upload the png files from the "result" folder inside the note folder on the iLiad. That works well, but it's a bit tedious. (Less so on the desktop version than on the web version, which only lets one upload one png file to a note at a time-- in the desktop version, you can drag all the png files into the note at once).

Next I tried the "import wizard" on the desktop version. (I'm at work, so it's the Windows version.) I can specify the notebook to import to, and I can select an iLiad note folder and turn on the "import from subfolders" option, but each png is imported as a single note. When I tried the "merge notes" function, all the notes were included on a single line, in vastly reduced size.

That's too bad, because there's a nice feature to this import functionality that allows the user to automatically import any additions to the folder, which could probably be used to help synchronize between the iLiad and Evernote. A little more work would need to be done here, I think.

Unfortunately, Evernote has a lot of trouble indexing my handwriting. So even now that I have several of my iLiad notes imported, I'm still not able to easily find specific notes by searching in Evernote. I'll try writing more neatly in classes this week and see if that improves.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote