Thread: Troubleshooting Kindle screen has gone weird
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 10:12 AM   #11
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
Thanks again, Harry, RainingLemur and others, for the diagnosis.

Actually, I'm not too upset. I've had the Kindle for three years, and have had good use from it. I'm happy to buy another one, especially as it means I'll have all the new features.

I wonder how I managed to damage the substrate. Pehaps I've not been handling the thing carefully enough.

Mike
I had the same thing happen to my 18 month old Wi-Fi KK a few weeks ago. I'm not sure why mine cracked either. Mine was showing the dead screensaver with only a corner showing the actual screen. I declined the offer of the $65 refurb and finally decided to get a new 3G SO KK while they still had some new ones in stock. I'm very pleased with it.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote