View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 10:49 PM   #66
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
Correct. I want ISPs to be free to try any business model they like. If my ISP implements policies that negatively effect my internet I'll change provider without hesitation. No need for one-size-fits-all government mandates or regulation of what (in Australia at least) is a brutally competitive market.
Way What if you don't have a choice of broadband providers. Many people are in this situation. It is the cable company that has the contract for their area, or nothing.

This is why cable TV is regulated, at least in the US... there are generally no competitors. Yes, there are a few markets where there are. But, the majority of places (at least in the US) most people have a choice of 1 or none.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote