View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 07:21 PM   #1
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Microsoft Surface Pro, global availability

In case you missed it:
http://www.onlinewelten.com/games/mi...egeben-121068/

Surface Pro will be available in Germany from May 31st.
128GB = ca. € 980.
64GB = ca. € 880.
My personal guess: This release date should be valid for most European countries.

My personal experience (got mine ca. 6 weeks ago from the US):
It's a bit bulky and can get real warm.
But it's an interesting concept.
Personally, I slightly prefer Dell Latitude 10. With its Atom processor, it doesn't need a fan and doesn't get warm and it's powerful enough for my needs. And it's significantly lighter and less bulky.
But for the ones that need real power, Surface Pro definitely is the way to go.
And the touch and type covers are a stroke of genius!

An article on the same website states, Microsoft so far only has sold 1.4 million of both tablets.
It's a shame, but I kind of understand it.
If I look at tablet users on the train, most play games or watch movies. You don't need a "powerhouse" for that. You can do so on an Amazon Kindle Fire HD for € 200. Or you can go for an iPad for the same price (or even slightly less) as a Surface Pro and get a universe of apps.
Still, I absolutely (for now) prefer my Windows 8 tablets over the rest. I can do so much more on them...

Last edited by mgmueller; 05-17-2013 at 07:26 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote