View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 08:37 AM   #1
KimberlyFDR
Groupie
KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 7, Fire HD 6, FireStick, Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Connect
Battery Stuck at 67%

I've been having battery issues this weekend on my Kindle Fire HD. Please note, I charge through the computer, as I don't have a wall plug charger.

Saturday morning the battery had zeroed out, but I hadn't used the Fire in a couple of days, so I thought it might have been because of normal depletion. I charged it through the day and it was at 100% when I started using it Saturday night. By the time I had finished, the battery was around 60% (which it shouldn't have depleted that fast, I don't think, but I was playing games so maybe?). Sunday morning, it had zeroed out again and a charging session of 24 hours has only got it to 67% (the same as it was at midnight when I checked it). This is 15 hours longer than the battery app said it should take for a full charge.

Is there another method of charging (such as turning it completely off) that might help get the battery back into proper state? Or might there be something depleting the battery that I'm unaware of? I unplugged it when I left for work this morning, so who knows if it might be completely dead again by the time I get home

I just got this unit in December, so it's still under warranty, but I was hoping I could get it back into proper battery state before I resorted to Amazon customer service.
KimberlyFDR is offline   Reply With Quote