Thread: Glo Bright Pixel(s)
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 02:58 AM   #24
Nightyume
Addict
Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.

Device: HTC One, Galaxy Note 10.1, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
The difference is that with the Nook GlowTouch a bump would create a bright spot--usually more than a single pixel. I have not heard that with the Kobo Glo at all. I think what we are seeing with "our" bright pixel is a manufacturing defect.

FWIW, when you buy a computer display or a TV, there seems to be a threshold for the number of these that have to be there before the manufacturer or store will take them back.
Actually it can be much worse than just a number of bright/dead pixels on screens. On my cell phone the warranty said it had to have at least eight bright/dead pixels for it to be considered a defect or two bright/dead pixels within X proximity of each other (I forget the exact spacing as it's been over a year since I read the manual and warranty).

Honestly, if it really is just one bright pixel, the actual size of q pixel (and not a bigger bright spot), one normally gets used to it with time.
Nightyume is offline   Reply With Quote