View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 02:14 PM   #47
BoldlyDubious
what if...?
BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: paper & electrophoretic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjalawyer View Post
So you think getting a perfect copy of content via illegal means is the equivalent of getting a debased version of a show by peaking around a door-frame? Well, now I'm convinced.
No. It was what is currently called "just an example". You can't usually draw perfect analogies between different contexts, you know.
That said, the analogy in this case is pretty close. Illegally distributed content is often lower-quality in comparison to the official version (say, an MP3 -i.e. lossy compressed- version of a CD, or lower-resolution video).

Can we please stick to debating the concepts, or -this is what I was hoping for by setting up this thread- on alternative and better proposals than the one I put forward? Instead of concentrating on minutiae? Thanks.
BoldlyDubious is offline   Reply With Quote