View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 03:02 PM   #81
capnm
Groupie
capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@capnm - I just ran page count only against 200 books. From the point of the count completing and the dialog popping up asking whether to update the books to that progress dialog closing took 15 seconds. Memory usage in Calibre didn't change at all. So I don't know what you have going on in your system, but it isn't anything I can replicate.
I'm not sure either, but it wasn't noticeable on my system at 100 books, was horrid at 800, and bad at 500.

Extract ISBN still zips through updating 800 in no time flat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
@capnm: are you using windows later than XP? I ask because a person reported a bug where doing relatively trivial things took forever and caused memory consumption to go up to gigabytes. He later reported that it was caused by having had DEP (Data Execution Protection) turned on for all programs. He made calibre an exception and the problem went bye-bye.
This might be it! Running Windows7 with DEP.
I tried turning off DEP. It didn't solve it -- but I may need a reboot, which I can't do right now.
Will try again later.

Thanks.
capnm is offline   Reply With Quote