View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 07:23 AM   #4
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
I think I've found another way that one may unwittingly corrupt the database on their kobo. It does occasionally happen that I have both the Kobo desktop and Calibre on. In general, if I eject the device from Calibre, the device appears as ejected from the desktop app, but not always. So I think I messed up my database once thinking I had ejected correctly via Calibre, without checking all was well in the Kobo desktop.
The short of it is, check that the device appears as ejected from both if you have both running (or "double eject", once from each application - not sure whether ejecting from Calibre and closing down the desktop app also works, but I am not willing to try )
Since both programs access the device your always running the risk of corruption using both at the same time. I would recommend exiting the desktop if your planning on using calibre and the same if your in Calibre and want to use the desktop app this way you will avoid possible and probable corruption.

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote